Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tasting - Arnold Palmer Chardonnay

Name: Arnold Palmer Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: A vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California. Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors. Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit.

My Review: There was a nice golden color to this Chardonnay, most likely oak aged. The aromas were musky, almost like an old shoe. This bouquet was not appealing to my nose but the taste was full bodied, smooth and fruity which I certainly enjoyed. It had a long buttery finish that lasted over 30 seconds.

I tried this wine without any food. (For some of these wines, I can not find pictures of the exact year that I tasted. Also, the tasting sheets/pictures have not been uploaded onto scholar quite yet. My apologies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment