Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tasting - Villa d' Rosso Toscano

Name: Villa d' Rosso Toscano
Variety: 100% Sangiovese
Region: Montepulciano
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: Wonderful rendition of a velvety Tuscan red.

My Review: This nose had an overpowering fruity bouquet. I would call this wine a "in your face fruit" wine from the bouquet. I could immediately begin to smell the lush strawberries, blackberries, and cherries that were just picked off the vine and layered with sugar in Mama's kitchen. With the initial taste, this wine had a smooth body, but then throughout the mid-palate and through the finish the pepper pushed through.
I tried this wine without any food. (For some of these wines, I can not find pictures of the exact year that I tasted. Also, the tasting sheets/pictures have not been uploaded onto scholar quite yet. My apologies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment