Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tasting - Delaroche Cotes du Rhone

Name: Delaroche Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, 10% Mourvedre
Region: Rhone Valley
Country: France
Year: 2011 
Price: $8.95

Winery Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!" - I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.


My  Review: The color was of a burgundy nature, much different than other red wines I have tried before. The tannins truly showed through when I tasted this wine though. The other white wines that I tasted did not have as much of an acidic, pepper flavor as this one showed.

I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment