Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tasting - Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner

Name: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner
Variety: 100% Sylvaner
Region: Rheinhessen
Country: Germany
Year: 2010
Price: $18 (Sale - $4.95)

Winery Review: “The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”

My  Review: The smell was horrific to me. It seemed as if I was sticking my nose into a rotten mildew bucket. However, the taste was very delightful. The residual sugar truly made this wine pleasing to my palate. I enjoy sweet wines and this is the closest that I have gotten in a white wine without it being a dessert wine. I sensed hints of lemon, but not enough to be squeezed fully, and sweet melons.

I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment