Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tasting - Terre Rouge Enigma

Name: Terre Rouge Enigma
Variety: 44% Marsanne, 29% Viognier, 27% Roussanne
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $32 --> $19.95

Winery Review: Aromas suggest wildflower honey and acacia blossom with hints of tangerine and papaya. Flavors are creamy with peach, apple, and quince sensations competing for your taste buds. The finish is crisp with classic white Rhone stone (peach) fruit pit flavors intermingled with mineral tones from this rocky site. Enjoyable young, the wine also gains great completely with bottle age. Spent some time in oak.

My  Review: The aroma was of a powerful grape and fruits flavor. The taste was much dryer than the smell. I enjoyed this the most out of all the white I tried throughout my visit but still could feel my jaw clench with the dry and sour after bite. Overall a great wine for the price but you can tell that many different flavors are blended to create this wine.

I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment