Friday, February 21, 2014

Tasting - Baron des Chartron Bordeaux Red Blend


Name: Baron des Chartron Bordeaux Red Blend
Variety: 60% Merlot & 40% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2009
Price: $9.95

Winery Review: On the nose there are freshly crushed red berry fruits with a minty fresh component, hits of gaminess, concentrated cassis fruit juice, balsa wood and underlying notes of violets. There is good extract of red fruits dominated by red cherries, spice components, then some good fruit-driven mineral notes.

My  Review: I was not a fan of this wine at all. I believe it needed to open up a bit more before it was tasted. I didn't get much off the nose as far as the fruits were concerned as they discussed. The tannins were overpowering and it was so dry that it immediately made my mouth water with no relief. I don't believe it would ever taste well on its own without a complimentary dish.

I tried this wine with sweet Swiss cheese and it helped to cut the acidity tremendously.

No comments:

Post a Comment