Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - Tres Ojas Garnacha

https://scholar.vt.edu/access/content/group/ce8bba1c-aeba-434d-a69b-1ef5d03b807f/VC%20tasting%202_6/Tres-Ojos-Garnacha.JPGName: Tres Ojas Garnacha
Variety: 100% Old Vine Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95

Winery Review: "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!"
- WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts
.

My  Review: I did not care for this wine one bit. From the nose, to the taste, it was overpowering with pepper and acid. I barely tried a sip and my mouth was on fire as if I had tried a jalapeno pepper. It was also extremely dry and made my mouth feel tart. I know that many others cared for this wine, but I cannot say the same. My pallet must be much different.

I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment