Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - Fetzer Malbec

https://scholar.vt.edu/access/content/group/ce8bba1c-aeba-434d-a69b-1ef5d03b807f/VC%20tasting%202_6/Fetzer-Malbec.JPGName: Fetzer Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95

Winery Review: Delicious Malbec is 100% from Mendoza, Argentina. It has a vibrant red color with violet tones. Subtle and delicious aromas with an intense mixture of red fruits, plum and cherry jam. On the palate it’s juicy and has intense wood-like tannins that make it a rustic, yet versatile wine. Long finish.  

My  Review: This wine was much easier on the nose than the Garnacha. However, it was still too peppery for my taste. When I tasted the wine it was still extremely dry but I could stand the initial punch much more. Also the mid palate had a second kick of acid and tannin that I was not expecting. Good long finish. Full bodied wine.

I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment